Advantage Smollan Limited (“Company”, “we,” “our,” or “us”), a company registered in the United Kingdom and registered address C/O Legalinx Limited, 3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, United Kingdom, W1B 3HHbelieves in protecting the Personal Data it collects from individuals (“users”) who access or use the website situated at https://www.advantagesmollan.com/ (the “website”) and takes seriously its obligation to comply with applicable data privacy laws including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Data Protection Act 2018
We take our obligations under applicable privacy laws seriously, including those under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. This Privacy Notice gives you information about how we will use personal data.
We are a Data Controller of users’ Personal Data (detailed below) which is collected through our websites, such as when users visit our websites, register for or apply for a job or submit queries through a “contact us” feature, or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data we collect
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We process the following types of Personal Data: We provide a ‘Contact Us’ facility where you will be asked for:
- Email Address
- Free text messages/comments from you which may contain Personal Data that you provide us
We collect your Personal Data using both “active” and “passive” means.
- Active means; The website actively collects Personal Data from users by asking specific questions and permitting users to communicate directly with us, for example via the Contact Us form.
We process your Personal Data on several different legal bases, as follows:
- Our Legitimate Interest – if you are visiting our website, you are most likely to be a client or customer (or potential one of any of these) of our outsourced sales and marketing business.
- In that respect, we process your Personal Data:
- To facilitate simple communication between you(the visitor to the website) andAdvantage Smollan.
- For the security and safety of the website, our technology connected to the website and the users of the website; o To detect and prevent fraud;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests;
- To manage and administer the website, including analysing web traffic and utilising web analytics solutions; and
- For use in marketing our services to you, or affiliated entities.
- Our Legal Obligations – We may need to process your Personal Data to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Notice applicable to the website in question.
Recipients of your personal data
For the following purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, as required or permitted by applicable law: Who Is your Personal Data Disclosed To?
|Who Is your Personal Data Disclosed To?||What Is the Purpose Underlying the Disclosure?|
|Companies affiliated with Advantage Smollan Ltd 650 Eskdale Road, Winnersh Triangle, RG41 5TS||In connection with the administration and running of the business including new business opportunities.|
|Third-party suppliers and service providers including: Kinsta https://kinsta.com/ 6 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG, United Kingdom||Website hosting company To assist us in the operation or improvement of the website and to enhance our products and services|
|To other third parties in line with applicable legal requirements||To comply with legal obligations that we are subject to;|
Business to Business Marketing
Data transfers to recipients outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your Personal Data to affiliated companies or third-party service providers located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in jurisdictions that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission finding them to provide an adequate level of protection of Personal Data, i.e. a level of protection of fundamental rights and freedoms that is essentially equivalent to that guaranteed within the EU. However, to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data, we will comply, and require the compliance of our third-party providers, with one of the transfer mechanisms specified in the GDPR and approved by the EU Commission.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data under the GDPR
Citizens and residents of the European Union and UK have the following rights under the GDPR:
- the right to be informed of the details of the processing of their Personal Data
- the right to request access to or copies of the Personal Data that we process
- the right to rectification of any inaccuracies in their Personal Data
- the right to erasure of their Personal Data subject to legal and other obligations
- the right to restrict processing subject to legal and other obligations
- the right to object to processing subject to legal and other obligations
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (The Information Commissioner’s Office)
- the right to data portability, subject to reasonable limitations
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please select this LINK and complete the online form. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
Your provision of Personal Data to us
Your use of our websites and your provision of Personal Data to us in the process is purely voluntary on your part. Subject to your sole discretion, you can, at any point, stop using the website or, where applicable, opt out of certain data processing operations while on the website as described in this notice. An exception applies if and to the extent that you want to enter into or perform a Contract with us on or through the website. In this event, providing us with your related Personal Data is necessary for us to be able to enter into the contract with or provide any contractual services to you.
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Data. We take appropriate commercially reasonable technical, physical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data or accidental loss or destruction of your Personal Data.
Changes to this notice
Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. In this event, we will post the revised notice on the website. We encourage you to periodically view this notice so that you remain informed as to how we are protecting users’ Personal Data and about what cookies are used on the website. We may, where necessary, notify users of any modified version of this notice that might materially affect the way we use, disclose or otherwise process users’ Personal Data or otherwise affect their privacy rights. We may do this by posting an update on the website which users will see at their next visit.
Contact us or our Information Compliance Manager
Questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be made by completing the form available via this LINK or by post to: FAO Data Protection, Advantage Smollan Limited, 650 Eskdale Road, Winnersh Triangle, RG41 5TS.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by;
- Helpline – Call them on 0303 123 1113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- Live chat – Have an online conversation with someone at the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat/.
- Email – Use the form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/